Class 2 Driver (£9.70-£10.09ph)
In this role you will be responsible for the despatch and collection of products to/from suppliers/customers with the appropriate paperwork and checks, driving the company large commercial vehicle. To receive and check Goods In/Out deliveries, as part of the Goods In/Out Team. Excellent communications skills are vital in this job, as are interpersonal skills. Knowledge of the products and services are also essential. Attention to personal appearance is also important as the post holder is expected to look smart and presentable as they are representing the company to the public.
- Drive company vehicles safely, legally and efficiently as required.
- Comply with all drivers’ hours and Road Transport Directive legislation.
- Load and unload vehicle, maintaining safety and security of load at all times.
- Carry out all necessary checks to ensure vehicle is safe and legal and to follow appropriate procedures if it is not.
- Complete any routine maintenance required such as, but not limited to, oil, tyre and brake checks.
- Act as company ambassador when dealing with customers.
- Deliver goods to suppliers/customers and collect when ready, in a professional and efficient manner.
- Complete all paperwork and log books promptly and accurately as required.
- Keep required documentation and update Company system for all goods despatched/ collected by you.
- Plan and adapt routes as necessary and feedback to Transport Manager on any issues around load planning and routing.
- Operate all vehicle systems.
- Work in accordance to Goods In/Out Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Other warehouse duties, including but not limited to; Goods In/Out, Returns, packing, stock movements etc…
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Work in accordance with Company operating procedures and guidelines.
- Adhere to all Company health and safety policies and practices, where appropriate.
- Wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) at all times when walking around the Company and customer sites and maintain to a high standard.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in all aspects of driving
- Holds appropriate class2 licence and required CPC
- Thorough knowledge of drivers hours legislations, tachograph procedures and other legal obligations
- Demonstrable route planning and map reading ability
- Knowledge of load restraint procedures
- Essential literacy and numeracy skills
- Being able to manage stressful situations
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- A commitment to delivering the best possible customer service
- Being able to maximise customer satisfaction
- Good communication skills
- Must have ability to work well within a team
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
- Able to work in a busy production environment that often demands high levels of concentration
- Able to respond effectively to changing priorities
- Able to manage high volume workload
- Willingness to accept responsibility
- Professional and amenable at all times
- Basic computer literacy
- Works with minimal supervision and is prepared to use own initiative
- Is readily adaptable to changes in working procedures and practices and is open to opportunities to improve own skills.
- Flexible attitude to cover other tasks
- Experience in a similar role in a production environment
- Driving Goods Vehicle NVQ preferred
Interested candidates can apply using the form below: