Finance Officer (Maternity Cover)
This role supports the Finance Manager in the delivery of an effective and efficient financial operation within the business. Responsible for day to day accounts control, processing of monthly management accounts, financial analysis and report preparation, and acting as the senior responsible person for Finance when the Finance Manager is away from the office. The Finance officer contributes to quality customer service, both internally and externally and the achievement of finance team targets. They will perform the day to day processing of financial transactions to ensure that the Company finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- To support the Finance Director in the delivery of KPIs analysis support for the Finance division of the business.
- Managing records and receipts, compliance with legal reporting requirements.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure the smooth operation of all finance matters, including financial outlooks and forecasts. Management of invoices in and out of the business.
- Assisting in the preparation of finance budgets, management accounts, and processing of year end procedures.
- Complete customer account reviews and provide recommendations to Finance Manager.
- Processing and reconciling company bank accounts and daily cash flow plus petty cash.
- Completion of company day books and production of VAT quarterly returns.
- Managing the preparation and processing of statutory payments.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files is maintained at all times.
- Work with audit bodies and other external bodies to ensure successful compliance.
- Management of the Sage Payroll weekly and monthly bank processing.
- Additional duties as deemed reasonable and necessary to meet the needs of the business.
Successful Candidates will have:
- Full or part AAT qualification.
- Previous Financial experience or working with and supporting senior teams.
- A proven track record of effective management of client relationships.
- A background in Financial support customer service, with experience of leading small teams.
- Report writing skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Sage Line 50, Microsoft packages (including Excel and Outlook) and other finance supportive packages.
This is a temporary position to cover maternity leave and is expected to last 6-9 months.
Interested candidates can apply using the form below.