Teletruck Driver (£8.73-£9.08ph)
Pym & Wildsmith are looking for a committed individual to join our production team. In this role you will be responsible for assisting with the movement of goods to and from the relevant department. Unpack, check and store goods received from customers/suppliers. Pick, pack and dispatch customer orders.
- Conduct a full safety inspection of forklift truck and/or teletruck and fill in relevant paperwork.
- Keep a constant flow of work on and off the production line.
- Load the operator and keep the labourers with a constant supply of items and stillages/pallets to pack the items.
- Scrapping the shot out of the bays (where required).
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Band and wrapping the finished product to pallets.
- Take all items to the dispatch area.
- Get work prepared ready for the next shift.
- Ensure route card/identification is in place with the appropriate items, (ie, if there are multiple items, card with correct part) prior to products being moved to different departments
- Scan route cards for storing/packing operations where required.
- Assist labourers (where required) in preparing & packaging parts.
- Ensure that the working areas (sheds and yard) are kept neat and tidy at all times and that there are no obstructions, i.e., grids and doorways are kept clear.
- General housekeeping duties as required by Team Leader.
- Work in accordance with Company operating procedures and guidelines.
- Adhere to all Company health and safety policies and practices, where appropriate.
- Wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) at all times when walking around the Company and customer sites and maintain PPE to a high standard.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Must hold a current FLT and/or Reach FLT licence and have relevant experience in operating this type of forklift truck within a similar production environment
- Must have the ability to carry out manual handling duties
- Being able to manage stressful situations
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Must have ability to work well within a team
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
- Able to work in a busy production environment that often demands high levels of concentration
- Able to respond effectively to changing priorities
- Able to manage high volume workload
- Able to work effectively with minimal management guidance/supervision
- Willingness to accept responsibility
- A commitment to delivering the best possible customer service
- Being able to maximise customer satisfaction
- Professional and amenable at all times
- Basic computer literacy
- Is readily adaptable to changes in working procedures and practices and is open to opportunities to improve own skills
- Flexible attitude to cover other tasks
Interested applicants can apply using the form below: