Quality paints in a choice of colours
Pym & Wildsmith are proud to offer a large selection of paint spraying services as an economical solution to powder coating and other finishes. Additionally, paint spraying is an ideal process for parts not suitable for oven curing. We provide a comprehensive and expert paint spraying service to a wide range of industries nationwide.
Years of industry experience means we have an in-depth understanding of metal finishing. We have been able to, as a result, create a paint spraying service that will not let you down.
Already know what service you require? Contact Us and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.
Before Airless spray is a method of atomising paint without the use of compressed air.
How It’s Done
1. Pre-treatment: The removal of oil, grease or other substances is essential prior to the paint application process and our team assesses the method of removal. The choice of the pre-treatment method depends on the material of the part to be painted, the type of substance to be removed and the performance requirement of the finished product. We use both chemical treatments and blasting to prepare metal for paint application. Our pre-treatment processes will both clean and improve the bonding of the paint to the metal.
2. Application: The chosen paint is loaded into an airless spray gun designed for use without compressed air. The parts are then coated with a thin layer and the process is then repeated until a coat is achieved of desired thickness. Paint spraying is a self-drying process that requires a set drying time depending on the thickness of the coat.
Benefits of Paint Spraying
- Paint spraying is a self-drying coating. This allows it to be used on products that would not be suitable for heat curing.
- Wet paint has a much wider colour range than other processes, allowing a tailored product to whatever your needs are as a business
- The thickness of the coating can be tailored to your specific needs, due to the ease of applying multiple layers to the product.
- Due to the simplicity of the process, paint spraying becomes a low-cost alternative to more expensive finishes.
Why Choose Pym & Wildsmith
Our excellent standards mean we cater to some of the world’s most vital industries, including:
- Construction and Engineering – Components within this industry rely upon important factors such as resilience and durability. Our spraying paint provides strong and durable finishes that are ideal to use within this type of industry.
- Rail Industry – Our paint spraying service can be used on the track, the train, and the signposting. It helps to maintain a safe service for everyone working or using it. Whether its anti-graffiti protection or corrosion protection, our paint can provide crucial support to the rail industry.
- Automotive Industry – Paint spraying services here at Pym and Wildsmith can be used to provide protection and enhancement in this industry when required.
Value For Money
We believe in value for money here at Pym & Wildsmith. This is why all of our finishes are guaranteed to provide long-lasting protection of up to twenty-five years. Therefore you can relax knowing one job is all it takes to give your project the protective finish it needs.
We Can Accommodate Most Sizes
Customer specified paints including colours from the RAL and B.S. ranges are facilitated in our spray booths, using airless and air-assisted paint equipment.
The ample size of our paint booths means that we can accommodate most sizes of components, up to 4m in length by 2.5m x 2.5m.
Large items can either be suspended from a ceiling bearer or painted either on trolleys or in specialised stillages to achieve maximum efficiency and optimum paint quality.
Smaller components (up to 1.5m in length) can be painted on our conveyorised track for a quicker turnaround.
We process for all industries such as oil and gas, water, industrial, agricultural and automotive and can provide one coating application, through to 3-4 coat applications.
If you are interested in our Paint Spraying service or would just like some more information, then Contact Us and a member of the team will be in contact shortly. Alternatively, you can call us on 01889 565 653